In 1999, my husband and I started following the steps of Your Money or Your Life. Our goal was to achieve Financial Independence so we could Retire Early (aka, FIRE) and it took us 18 years to achieve that goal.
I started a blog in 2018 that focused on how we were navigating the social and psychological challenges of life after FIRE. I documented how we transitioned into this new chapter of our lives, unplugged from the achievement-machine, redefined success and worked towards creating a meaningful life without jobs.
In 2020, I stopped blogging. It was fun and I made lots of new friends by sharing my process. But I’m on the other side of the retirement transition: living a quiet and simple life I love. So for now, I’ve archived the blog.
Here is a selection of the blog posts for anyone who is thinking about their transition into retirement. They are listed from newest to oldest.
- The Annual Clarity Retreat
- “Self Care Ain’t Free”
- 100 Self Care Ideas
- The Self Care Project
- Experiment Report: Knowing When To Quit & My Remote Year Review
- Experiment Report: Learning The Limits of Nomad Life
- Experiment Report: My Life As a Digital Nomad
- Life After FIRE: Mastering Transitions
- Life After FIRE: Creating a Full & Meaningful Life
- Life After FIRE: How To Design Early Retirement Experiments
- Life After FIRE: Who Are Your Retirement Role Models?
- Life After FIRE: What is Your Purpose?
- Life After FIRE: What Are Your Gifts & Talents?
- Life After FIRE: Who Am I?
- Life After FIRE: The Inner-Work of Early Retirement
- Life After FIRE: Now What?
- What I Learned From 30 Days of Joy
- 5 Myths About Early Retirement
- How To Plan Your Week
- How To Move From Annual Goals To An Action Plan
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing You 1 Word
- Annual Planning That Works
- Why Retire From A Job You Love?
- Why I Quit Christmas
- Giving After FIRE
- 3 Secrets to Early Retirement
- Rethinking Retirement