Judge a Book By Its Cover: My Novel, A Remarkable Kindness

A REMARKABLE KINDNESS

A REMARKABLE KINDNESS

I posted the book jacket of A REMARKABLE KINDNESS on my FB page but now present it here. Can you tell a book by its cover? Doesn’t this cover make you want to dive right in?

The work of this designer at HarperCollins has exceeded my wildest expectations. I fell in love with it right away, including the font and white lettering.

And, I am also posting the 90-second trailer for the novel. Like a movie trailer, it’s supposed to spike your curiosity, explain a bit about the novel, and convince you to go right to amazon and pre-order the book. Watch the trailer here:

I know it’s wee bit early to start promoting the book but it’s like a pregnancy, nine months away, and I figure I can make a few announcements. Since self-publishing The Mom Who Took Off On Her Motorcycle, I’ve learned nobody else ain’t gonna do nuthin’ fer ya. (Does a triple negative make it only a negative?) So I’m trying to get the word out.

A Remarkable Kindness. It’s not just a novel about four American women who are members of a burial circle in a small beach village in northern Israel. It’s the idea of doing a remarkable act of kindness for someone else. Pass it on.

Advertisements

About dianabletter

Diana Bletter is a writer living in northern Israel whose novel, A Remarkable Kindness, is forthcoming from HarperCollins in August. Her work has appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Commentary, tabletmag, and other publications. Her first book, The Invisible Thread: A Portrait of Jewish American Women (with photographs by Lori Grinker) was nominated for a National Jewish Book Award.
This entry was posted in Writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Judge a Book By Its Cover: My Novel, A Remarkable Kindness

1. Rhonda Blender says:

Yes! I want to dive in!
    Yes! I preordered it when you first posted the cover!
    No! I didn’t see where I could watch a 90 second trailer (am I being too literal??
    Yes! We’re happy for you and wish you tons of success with it!

2. Michael Sklaroff says:

Hey, Diana,

My book’s on order from Amazon, and I wondered whether the cover photo is of שָׁבֵי צִיּוֹן.

Do you know anything about the photograph or photographer?

Michael.

________________________________

• dianabletter says:

Hi Michael, Thank you for ordering. The photo is not from Shavei Zion though the water is sometimes the same color. I am not sure who the photographer is — I will find out and get back to you!

3. juliabarrett says:

Truly a remarkable trailer. Amazing. Beautiful.

4. Pam Huggins says:

The cover is beautiful and your trailer is so moving. I’ve pre-ordered. Can not wait to read it!!!

5. Diana, the trailer is remarkable. It’s genuine, touching, and compelling…and of course I’m going to preorder A REMARKABLE KINDNESS. Blending the fiction with your own life–and doing it so poignantly and succinctly–is the best promotion of any book I’ve ever seen.
    The cover is wonderful.