Yes, there are 7 sure ways to change the world over the weekend. Not talking about the big world, I’m talking about your world. The world around you, which is the only world we have.
- When you open your eyes, don’t say, “Oh God it’s morning…” I used to say that. I’d grumble and grouse and grit my teeth. Now I can say, “Thank God it’s morning.” It’s morning, not mourning, and if you are mourning then I send you the hope that you are moving through the darkness toward the light.
- Brush your teeth. If you need an appointment for a dentist, write it in your calendar to make one on Monday morning. Monday morning is the best time to realize you changed your world over the weekend.
- Have a plan. If you’re overwhelmed, break your plan down into an hour-by-hour deal. If that’s too long, give yourself 15 minutes at every chore. Think about your day in 15 minutes and you’ll get through this. You can do this, live your life, one minute at a time.
- Exercise. Even if it’s raining out, steaming out, scorching out. Get out. Look at a tree. Look at a cloud.
- Don’t isolate. Don’t keep hiding in the dark. Don’t say that nobody will understand what you’re going through. Most of us have been there, done that. Call or write someone. Make sure your voice is heard. Speak your truth outloud.
- Eat something orange. Orange food – and I’m not talking Cheese Doodles – gives us a boost.
- Finally, read and listen to something that will inspire you. Music is the universe humming in your ears. Prayers are soothing messages for our soul.
We can’t change the world over the weekend, not really, but we can do the little things in our own lives that really can change our world.
Hit Like if you think we can change our world over the weekend.