Isaac Newton: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction

Nederlands: De "Philosophiae Naturalis Pr...

Nederlands: De “Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica” van Isaac Newton in de “John Rylands Library” in Manchester, Engeland (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Isaac Newton published one of the most important books in the history of science today in 1867, Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica, or “Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy.” What did Newton have to teach us about personal relationships? Simply, relatively speaking.

“For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction,” Newton said. What does this mean? Every time someone is nasty to us, our tendency is to be back at them, nasty to nasty. It’s a matter of physics.

But we do have the power, contrary to natural laws, to change. We can respond with grace and dignity, no matter what the other person’s action is. We can zip the lip instead of flinging it back.

We can recognize our personal power to make this day a page in our best chapter. We are not subject to all the forces of nature.

This entry was posted in Be Less You To Be More You, How to Change Your Life, People, Relationships, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Isaac Newton: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction

1. stuartart says:

Actually the clue is in the quote: ‘For every action, there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction,’ so if someone is nasty you must be kind by return. If somebody shouts You whisper. It can carry the same energy – just in its opposite form. You got me thinking again – I like that! :)

2. Anonymous says:

1peter 2:22,23

3. Are you my mother’s missing daughter, Diana? She would be clapping for you, applauding this post. (I agree with it, too, but this was so much her basic principle–even now with the dementia–that it seems you and she must have discussed it.)

• dianabletter says:

Maybe I was channeling your mother when I wrote the piece! I’m glad that she would have agreed with me. Thanks, Marilyn, for this. It’s a simple formula.

4. Good day! Would you thoughts if I share your weblog with my twitter group? There is a lot of individuals that I believe would truly appreciate your content material. Please allow me know. Numerous thanks

• dianabletter says:

Please tell me which content you’d like to use for your twitter group! Thank you for your interest! Diana

5. I was examining a few of your blog posts on this website and I believe this web site is real instructive! Carry on placing up.

6. The Universe is balance
    The Universe is made up of energy and forces

The forces and energy are are all balance

Law of Physics – Newton’s Third Law of Motion
    ” For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. ”

in Values or in Philosophy, this is also known as “The Law of Karma”

The law of karma states, that every action performed in life creates another reaction which in turn produces a new counter action. Thus an endless chain of actions and reactions is produced which binds the living entity to his good and bad deeds. This is the way how karma works. It creates an action and another reaction simultaneously and this increases the chain of material activities, keeping the performer in material bondage.

so the bottom line is…

” You reap what you Sow ”
    whatever you sow, so also shall you reap [the fruits of actions]

If you do something good, then you will also receive something good in return (due to all the forces and energy are equally balance)
    but if you do something terrible to someone, then that terrible will soon goes back to you….

7. Anonymous says:

My apologies for the prior post. My thumbs are too big for the keys lol.
    But I agree and disagree…let me explain, I have always tried to be kind and nice, donated to charities and so on.
    But my life has always been difficult and nothing ever fell in my lap or was given to me.
    I see so many children ( in Africa) 54 million to be exact under the age of 7 die of starvation every year…and what was their “bad karma” or sin………being born

• dianabletter says:

Hi, you pose a timeless question. Why do bad things happen to good people? It is a question that nobody has an answer for. Thank you for this important reminder. I guess we just have to do what we can in our own corner of the world. Thanks again.

8. Warner says:

Hello, just wanted to mention, I loved this blog post. It was funny.
    Keep on posting!